For this installment of App Focus we’ll be looking at the “FordPass” and “The Lincoln Way” apps. It provides a lot of great functionality, and for 2017 Escapes, Fusions, and F-150s with Sync Connect equipped, you’ll also have access to key fob services that allow you to lock, unlock, and remote start your vehicle from your vehicle.
The instructions below are very detailed, but that’s intentional. I wanted to give more specific directions to make sure everyone had an opportunity to access this incredibly useful app.
App Name: Ford Pass, The Lincoln Way
- Key fob functionality (available for 2017 Escape, Fusion, and F-150 equipped with Sync Connect)
- Reserve and Pay for Parking in 160+ Cities (not Buffalo or Rochester yet, sadly)
- Connect with dealership service department
- Call for emergency roadside assistance
Cost: Free for 5 years from the vehicle’s original purchase date
- Download FordPass from the App Store or Google Play. If you already have a Ford Owner account, you can log in using your username and password. If not, you can create an account via the FordPass app with some basic information.
- Create a four-digit PIN for security. Or iPhone users can use Touch ID.
- Add your SYNC Connect-equipped vehicle to FordPass using the vehicle identification number (VIN) by:
a. Tapping the My Vehicles card.
b. Tap Add Vehicle.
c. Enter the VIN bar code—found on the inside of the driver’s door of your vehicle—by scanning with your phone’s camera, or by typing it in. You can also create a nickname for your vehicle.
d. A confirmation message will confirm your VIN.
e. Tap finish.
f. After you add your vehicle, a screen will display. Tap Activate SYNC Connect.
- Start your vehicle.
- A pop-up message will appear on the SYNC 3 touchscreen. Touch Allow on your SYNC 3 touchscreen. Another pop-up message will appear within 24 hours. Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be able to access most* remote features through FordPass.
- For security, another pop-up message displays on the SYNC 3 touchscreen—you must touch Allow a second time in your vehicle to complete the process.
- Touch Allow.
- Touch Continue at the GPS notification on the touchscreen when it appears. You’ll now be able to enjoy all the available remote features through FordPass
I’m the first to acknowledge that there’s a lot of little steps here. If you have any trouble with it, let me know and I’ll be more than happy to help get this app up and running for you.